Frequently Asked Questions – Mobile Banking
Is Mobile Banking Free?
Yes, our Mobile Banking service is free. Our standard fees apply for bill payments and Popmoney person-to-person payments made through Mobile Banking.
Message and data rates may apply.
Do I need to be enrolled in Online Banking to use Mobile Banking?
Do I need to enroll for Mobile Banking?
Yes, You do need to enroll for Mobile Banking, Log in to Online Banking to enroll for Mobile Banking.
- For the Mobile Banking App: Once you have downloaded and installed the app, simply log in using the same user ID and password used for Citizens Trust Bank Online Banking.
- For Mobile Browser Banking: From your mobile browser, log in to Citizens Trust Bank Online Banking at www.ctbconnect.com using the same credentials.
- For Text Banking: Users will initially log in to Online Banking to enroll for Text Banking, then follow the on-screen prompts to begin using our Text Banking service right away
Can I add new payees from Mobile Bill Pay?
No. To add a new payee to your list, log in to Online Banking Bill Pay.
How should I endorse a Mobile Deposit check?
Be sure that the back of the check is endorsed, as usual, and include the words ‘For Mobile Deposit’ to identify the check as a Mobile Deposit.
When are funds available from a Mobile Deposit?
Funds from Mobile Deposits are generally available on the next business day after it is received, just like any deposit.
What should I do with the paper check after a deposit?
We recommend securely storing the check for 14 business days, then destroying the original paper check.
What types of checks can be deposited?
Any check drawn from a U.S. financial institution can be deposited. The following items cannot be deposited:
- International checks.
- U.S. saving bonds.
Do I need a new username or password?
No. Use the same Online Banking user ID and password. If you change your Online Banking password, the Mobile Banking password will automatically change as well.
How do I install the Smartphone App?
The app can be found by searching your smartphone’s application store, either the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, simply use your Online Banking credentials to log in.
What if I lose a mobile device?
You can deactivate the device by following these steps:
Log in to Online Banking and access Mobile Banking preferences.
- Locate the phone number and select the option ‘Stop using this device for Mobile Banking’.
- Or call us at 888.214.3099.
How do I set up alerts?
It’s easy. Just log in to Online Banking and set your alert preferences.
What dollar limits apply to Mobile Deposit Capture?
The Mobile Deposit Capture solution is available to existing Citizens Trust Bank Online Banking customers, in good standing. First-time Users of the Mobile Deposit Capture solution should contact us at 1.888.214.3099 or visit and financial center location to determine your eligibility, including daily deposit minimums and per-check $ amount maximums.