- 08-2017: Citizens Trust Bank Acquires New Customers of First Citizens Bank Southwest Atlanta Location
- 07-2017: Citizens Trust Bank Welcomes Marsha Horace – Commercial Lending Officer – Birmingham, Alabama
- 06-2017: Citizens Trust Bank Receives a Proclamation from the City of Atlanta
- 02-2017: The Legacy Lives: Citizens Trust Bank Hosts Mortgage Checkups for Interested Homeowners and Prospects
- 01-2017: Citizens Trust Bank Offers Financial Independence Training Program to Area High School and Middle School Consumers
- Veteran Banker Passes the Market Leadership Torch: Citizens Trust Bank Announces Jason A. Eppenger as Alabama Market President
- Citizens Trust Bank Announces Next Generation Advisory Board
- Citizens Trust Bank: Corporate Office Headquarters Relocation
- Citizens Trust Bank: New Corporate Website Launch
For Immediate Release
Citizens Trust Bank Acquires Customers of First Citizens Bank
ATLANTA – August 7, 2017 – Citizens Trust Bank has announced the completion of the definitive agreement with First Citizens Bank, of North Carolina for the purchase of certain assets and the consumer and business deposit relationships of the First Citizens Bank location at 562 Lee Street, Atlanta. The acquisition did not include the purchase of the physical branch facility. On Friday, August 4, 2017, the Lee Street location, in southwest Atlanta, closed. Most deposit accounts maintained at that branch will be serviced at any of the Citizens Trust Bank financial center locations, including the nearest location at 965 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, as well as online.
Effective today, Citizens Trust Bank welcomes approximately 5,000 new customers. The account holders have received communication outlining the details of the transition. This market-expanding acquisition provides continued sustainability in the southwest Atlanta community.
Ray Robinson, Jr., Citizens Bancshares Corporation’s Chairman of the Board, echoed Ms. Day’s sentiments, saying “This well-executed branch acquisition affords meaningful growth. It’s complementary to our strategic initiatives and a solid cultural fit. The ability to anticipate and adapt to opportunities is the sign of a good management team. Their foresight will reward both our community and its stakeholders.”
About Citizens Trust Bank
Citizens Trust Bank has been building relationships since 1921 – we remain committed to providing personalized service and financial solutions to meet the growing needs of our community. Through a legacy built on principle, we go beyond meeting the needs of offering banking solutions; our mission is to empower our customers and future generations for financial success. In turn, their success is our success. We take pride in partnering with our customers throughout metropolitan-Atlanta and Columbus, Georgia and Birmingham and Eutaw, Alabama. Through the Banks parent company, Citizens Bancshares Corporation, its common stock is offered over-the-counter to the general public under the trading symbol CZBS and can be found at www.ctbconnect.com.
# # #
|Contact: Diedra L. St. Julien
[one_half spacing=”no” last=”no” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=””
About Citizens Trust Bank: Citizens Trust Bank prides itself on offering a full range of quality products and services throughout metropolitan Atlanta and Columbus, Georgia, and in Birmingham and Eutaw, Alabama. Building relationships since 1921, the Bank has remained dedicated to the growth and development of communities through superior products and extraordinary service. Through its parent company, Citizens Bancshares Corporation, the Bank offers its common stock over-the-counter to the general public under the trading symbol CZBS and can be found on the web at www.CTBconnect.com.